For Microsoft Outlook users, there is a manual procedure, which can easily be followed to recover lost or forgotten Outlook email password. If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live, you might need to reset it.
The following steps are going to help you how to reset and recover Outlook email password and generate a new one if you have forgotten your Outlook password and can’t seem to recall it.
Make sure that the email address you have entered hasn’t been wrongly spelled and that the Caps Lock isn’t turned on. Take this step if the password you are entering is the right one but it still isn’t signing you into your account.
Step 1: Resetting the Password
To recover Outlook email password via web browser go to
https://account.live.com/password/reset you will see on screen Recover your password
- Type the email address, phone number, or Skype name that needs a password reset.
- Then select Next.
- Where should we contact you type other email address
- For security code type charater that you see
- Then select Next.
- Check your email then fill the box with the code then Verify
- Reset the password for your Microsoft account by typing it into New password. Then confirm it by typing it again into Reenter password.
Step 2: Recover Data from Password Protected PST files
While PST files are the most suitable solution for recovering Outlook emails if you fail to recover Outlook password, there is a small problem. Most of the PST files are password protected and if they get corrupted then it becomes a nightmare to recover data from them.
First you need to download Outlook PST Repair Tool on the following button
The following is a step-by-step guide that can help you in using the Outlook PST Repair for recovering data from password protected PST files.
- Launch Outlook PST Repair tool, and search the corrupted PST files from local drive.
- Select all corrupted PSt files to start the repair of the corrupted password protected PST file.
- Preview the repaired PST file by clicking on the items that are present on the tree towards the screen’s left.
- Clicking the “Save Repaired File” button to save the repaired PST file.
If this tutorial could help you, please rate above Star button rating and share to help others find it! Feel free to leave a comment below.